Pages

Monday 23 June 2014

Hello all!



Under a toadstool crept a wee Elf,
Out of the rain to shelter himself.

Under the toadstool, sound asleep,
Sat a big Dormouse all in a heap.

Trembled the wee Elf, frightened and yet
Fearing to fly away lest he get wet.

To the next shelter—maybe a mile!
Sudden the wee Elf smiled a wee smile.

Tugged till the toadstool toppled in two.
Holding it over him, gaily he flew.

Soon he was safe home, dry as could be.
Soon woke the Dormouse—"Good gracious me!

"Where is my toadstool?" loud he lamented.
—And that's how umbrellas first were invented.

Oliver Herford


I should carry a toadstool with me everytime I leave the house. The weather here in the Northern part of Germany is very changeable at the moment. Not really summer, hopefully it' ll get better soon.

Have a nice evening!
Viola

7 comments:

  1. Hello Viola! Your crocheted vase with der Glückpilz is gorgeous! I love toadstools and fact that they are so popular in Germany. There's a lovely amigurumi pattern for toadstools on Annaboos House. Apologies for not being able to write in German - my German is very sketchy, sadly. Have a happy Tuesday! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Elizabeth! Thanks a lot for you comment, I'm so pleased that somebody is interested in my doings. I didn't know your blog before but I spend some time reading on (in?) it and I think it is just lovely. I enjoyed reading your post about strawberries and I especially liked the strawberry mandala and the necklace. I started a cherry necklace and will show it on my blog when I've finished it. I added a link to your blog from mine, if you don't mind. And don't hesitate to write in English - one little reason for blogging is to improve my rusty English. Have a nice sunny Wednesday! Viola

      Delete
  2. Hi, I've just found your blog and it's really lovely. Sorry my German isn't much use either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way - I've added a link to your blog from mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Gillian! Thanks a lot for your comment! You are quite new to blogland as well as I have seen. But I like your posts about your crochet work and your garden. I will also link to your blog from mine. And don't bother about your lack of German, I really want to improve my English skills. Have a nice day! Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Viola
    I love your sweet little blog, the toadstools are super. Best of luck at the start of your blogging journey, I have just started too :-)
    The sun is shining here, have a great day!
    Alison xx
    http://lifeatsylvanhouse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, I'm happy you've found my blog. I had a look at your lovely blog as well and I am curious how it will develop. I hope that we both will have the right touch with our little blogs. Have a nice evening, Viola

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love receiving your comments and I am totally happy when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever there is time.