Pages

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas is coming...

... and the goose is getting fat. Hey, put a penny in the old man's hat....

This is one of the songs that we will sing during our Christmas concert next Saturday. Maybe the English readers of you will know this song, but it is pretty new to me. I am singing in a chorus and I really have to learn my text until then. But the most difficult song is a wonderful Swedish one called ' Jul, jul, stralande jul'. Do you want to listen to it? There is a  youtube video here, a Swedish chorus singing it just beautifully. I really have problems with the text, so I have to find half an hour to learn it before Saturday.

If somebody of you happens to be in the Northern part of Germany next Saturday and doesn't know what to do, here is my invitation:
 I love those concerts in a church, the atmosphere there is always so festive and moody and everyone is in high spirits.

Finally our house is getting a little christmassy, my daughter started crafting, paper stars and Christmas trees. The stars look just lovely in windows.

She already uses these trees to play with her Schleich animals, but I like them very much, as well and rearranged them for my purposes.

 

 I have crocheted a mug cosy in rainbow colours, to freshen my spirits.
 I drank a yogi tea this morning, with honey and cream and when I had a look at the paper of the teabag there was this quote: 'Du musst dein Haus verlassen, um zu lernen' (You have to leave your house to be able to learn). This is definitely true but as it is rainy and stormy today I am very lucky that I haven't go to work today and that I can spend my time indoors. 

Another lovely Christmas crochet project were these star coasters that we are using daily at the moment. The pattern is very simple, it is just a chart and you can find it on pinterest, here.




Have a wonderful Christmas time! 

Thank you all for your sweet comments, I am happy that you didn't forget me while I have been away from blogland. A warm welcome to my new followers, I will write more regularly as long as everyone keeps well and fit.
 

8 comments:

  1. Unfortuatly I will be in Cologne this weekend... I hope you have a wonderful concert though!

    All your decorations look stunning! :) Oh and I adore Yogi-Tea too. So many flavours to choose from. Which one do you like best?

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Viola! I can't tell you how much I was in North Germany this weekend ;) Good luck with the concert! I know the English song we used to sing it at school, the Swedish one is beautiful! I love the Christmas decorations, and those stars are lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to see you back! I hope you're all feeling better now (I am commenting on two posts here). That dragon shawl is stunning.

    Your daughter's paper crafts are so pretty. I like to cut paper snowflakes myself - it's almost magical to unfold the paper and see what comes out.

    The concert sounds delightful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorations, so pretty and festive! I am just catching up here and was sorry to hear you have not been well, Viola. I'm glad you are feeling better now. Love the snowflakes your daughter made! And the old song is one we still sing here too!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those Christmas trees and the red coasters ...it reminds me I should get cracking and get my tree up ...just one week to go sigh!!! Certainly know that song and it reminds me of when I used to go carol singing at home in the UK.

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish know that the the festival day was a success!
    Your home looks great with paper stars and Christmas trees!
    The red crochet star are also very beautiful!
    I wish you Merry Christmas, Viola!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your decorations are so beautiful and your daughter's creations are great! Love you crocheting too! Have a great Chrsitmas and enjoy the concert. I'm sure it will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice blog u have! I started to follow you. Love your photo's and crochet ofcourse :D

    Greetings from Die Niederlande
    Diana
    www.dianaswereld.nl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment. I love receiving your comments and I am totally happy when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever there is time.